Friday 29 June 2012

INTERVIEWED | Megan Ward

    Megan is a wonderful lady who's blog I came across via friends, finding out she did her own customized shirts, jewellery etc I decided she would be one of the perfect people to have for my second interview. Megan is a 20 year old who studies 'Fashion & Design', she has a history in the business with a wonderful creative side. This is how we got on.      

               






1) What made you decide you wanted to start up a blog?

      I originally wanted to start my blog to just share my love with fashion and crafts, but after some thought I felt it would be more appropriate to start up my blog to promote my very small business which I started in 2009 at the age of 17.  Through my blog I don’t just promote my business I also sell some of my things that I have made. I am currently about to set up a ‘Etsy’ account so it makes selling a lot more easier for both me and the customer.

2) Where did your inspiration come for some of your home made pieces?

    My inspiration can come from anywhere and a lot of the time nowhere. I really enjoy visiting exhibitions I enjoy just browsing through blogs, tumblrs etc. the simplest of things can give me inspiration.

3) In ten years from now where do you see yourself?

    In ten years I hope to have opened my own small business where I will be selling my own hand made one of a kind products such as clothing, jewellery and other accessories. I do believe that this is possible as I am very hard working and passionate individual. I will not stop until I have reached my dream whether it be 10 years or 30 years but of course the sooner the better.

4) Do you have an inspirational figure you look up to?

    I would say that I have two inspirational figures. To me my mum and Nan are inspirational figures as they too are very creative but they have never hoped to take there creativity into a career as I wish to do. Both of these have taught me everything I know and are very important to me.

5) Who if any, are your favourite designers?

    To be honest I don’t really have a favorite designer, as there are so many out there. It is hard to choose but any designer whose work is simplistic and modern I am likely to love.

6) If you could design a piece of jewellery for anybody who would it be and why?

    If I were to design jewellery for anyone… hmm there are lots of people I would like to design jewellery for but for now I will say Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen as they both have a interest in jewellery and fashion. We a have a similar fashion sense bohemian/grunge and I think my jewellery would suit them very well, and to add to the similarities I too have a twin sister.

7) Could you give any advice for those who hope to make their own business?

    DON’T GIVE UP!!!

    As you can see Megan is a very ambitious women and I think she will get her dream and get very far in her life with this business. If you're interested in looking at any of her work I will leave links below. Hope you've enjoyed reading this interview as I have.



    Fagan x

No comments:

Post a Comment