Thursday 28 June 2012

Leavers Do Collective Haul

    As  I mentioned in my post yesterday my leavers do, the last time I'll see everyone from my school year is tomorrow. Now I originally opted for a straight dress as it has become the fashionable, on trend thing right now. I made a post of this, showing you the dress and shoes I would wear, however I've made a decision to scrap that and go for the more traditional big puffy dress. 


    Now with people close to me who haven't seen the dress, I'm keeping it under wraps right now so I won't be presenting a photograph to you all, but on Sunday I will have a post up on the entire day/night which will include numerous photos of the dress so that is all to come. These following items are things I've picked up for the day and to help with the preparation. 





    The first item is something I've never tried before and it's Katy Perry's own brand on fake eyelashes, now there's 4 different varieties and I'd like to say they go more fuller and extreme between all 4. The ones I chose were 'Cool Kitty' personally I would say these are the number 2 on extreme and fullness almost like the ones she is wearing in the photo.

    I haven't worn these before and I've only bought one packet but after researching into the brand 'Eylure' and those who have tried out all three products these seem to be the favourite across the board. Adding the extra volume and length needed without over exaggerating the appearance of false lashes. These lashes are £5.95 each which is a decent price I'd like to think, but a review on whether they're worth it will be up soon.


    This product is just a general re-purchase as my current 'Peep Show' mascara is being quite clumped around the brush and considering this event only occurs once treating myself to a new mascara wouldn't harm anybody. I hardly own any products from '17' but I do intend on increasing my collection as their make up has never failed me at all.

    Giving a high standard of length of volume to your lashes, this mascara is something that everybody should buy. I have standard sized eyelashes so this helps to build on that and create a good effect, darkening them slightly helping to make them stand out more. I know a few people have quite short eye lashes so I'm not sure on its performance but I'd imagine it helps a lot, retailing at £6.29 its very reasonable for a good product.


    My last leavers do related product is this, now what I tell you next might be deemed as wrong and inappropriate for my age but I had thought about it for a long time. Due to everyone getting fake tanned for leavers, I wanted to avoid the orange look and sticky consistency that comes from that, so instead my mum hired a tanning bed to be placed in our house for 5 weeks, costing £90.

    We've had it going on 3 weeks now and I haven't used it for that entire time period as I would be very dark by now and look stupid for the day. This past week and half of last week I've been going on the bed for 6 minutes then leaving a day or so gap and repeating. To help prevent my skin from drying up dramatically I bought this. It's a wonderful product, it replenishes your skin wonderfully and sinks in, in seconds leaving your skin non sticky.

    I would use this on my entire body after I was dry from a shower and it works wonders, my skin is not dry in the slightest and it leaves a very nice subtle hint of mango on your skin. The smell isn't pungent and literally lasts an hour or so, if you have dry skin I'd recommend this, it only costs £2.99 for a 250 ml bottle and around £8.00 for a 500ml I believe.

    Fagan x

No comments:

Post a Comment