Thursday 7 June 2012

The Best Of May

     Being the first I've done of these type of blog posts, I decided to keep it pretty much unstructured to help me be more flexible in the future months, steering away from the traditional structure of mentioning a different foundation, perfume etc every month. I will have a variety from makeup, movies, films, holiday locations and other miscellaneous items. So I hope you enjoy something new and different to my blog.


    Fagan x

  
    The first item is something that I have had for a few months now but I will re purchase this multiple times and it is the Nars 'Damned Matte Lip Pencil'. I bought this from a Nars outlet store in The Trafford Centre, you are able to order the shade online still and for the time it lasts I would say it is worth the price.

    Being notorious for fashioning a bold lip for all my outfits, this is the best lip pencil to have, I would describe the colour as a dark plum colour. The colour is different on your actual lips compared to the appearance it shows, so I would recommend you doing a swatch of this before you decide to purchase it, just in case the shade is too statement.


    The second item is a film, I had only watched this towards the last week of May but it is something to talk about. The film itself was released a good 13 years ago in 1999, being a teenager I was too young to watch this film when it was released, but being shown right now in-fact on Sky Movies shows that it is a classic. 

    Being rated an 18 due to its drug use and its sexual nature this would not be one of them films you watch with your friends when you're under the age of 16. The story line is very interested once the film kicks off, providing a different view to the traditional 'midlife crisis' type of film. I would recommend watching this while it is being aired on Sky Movies for free. 



The third 'Best Of May' is the wonderful artist 'Marina And The Diamonds' if you couldn't tell already due to the amount of blog posts I have made regarding Marina I am a huge fan of the lovely lady. Bringing her new look and approach to pop music this year, she has blasted back to our music charts since her debut album 'The Family Jewels' in 2010. 

    With her latest album speaking on the behalf of a broken heart, her style helps to fluff up the traditional image to the victim and in turn has helped create an alter ego for herself. I hope Marina will stick around with us for much longer without the two year gap we've already been put through.


    The last of my 'Best Of May' is the recently finished show on BBC Three called 'Britain Unzipped' featuring comedian 'Russell Kane' and Radio 1 host 'Gregg James' this show has become very popular with teenagers and those in their twenties. The idea behind the show is a selection of questions has been answered across the UK whether these are drink related, society related or sex related. 

    A celebrity will be welcomed on the show to also answer a variety of these question to see their normality rating. Along with a few games including their audience. The show has finished this week with all the episodes on BBC iplayer for those who have missed any. Series 2 is rumored and will the success I can almost guarantee this will happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment